Accessibility statement for Weston and Basford Online website
This accessibility statement applies to Weston And Basford Online.
This website is run by Weston and Basford Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
· change colours, contrast levels and fonts
· zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
· navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
· navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
· listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
· There are some decorative images in the page headers that do not have ‘Alt’ Tags. Google Sites does not have the facility to add ‘Alt’ Tags to the header image. However all of those images are repeated in the photo galleries.
· We have links to external websites which are outside of our control which may not provide the same level of accessibility as ours.
Feedback and contact information
· email email@example.com
· call 01270 254424
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements please contact our clerk
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Weston and Basford Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
· There are some decorative images in the page headers that do not have ‘Alt’ Tags.
The content listed above is non-accessible for the following reasons.
· New Google Sites does not have the facility to add ‘Alt’ Tags to the header image.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
We plan to add text alternatives for all images by September 2020. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix old agendas and minutes
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
The website is being regularly tested by using the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (WAET) which checks web pages for conformance to the main WCAG requirements and proposes changes to resolve issues when they are identified.
The issues are reviewed and prioritised for correction. Changes are published to the website and re-tested using WAET.
1. “Errors” or “Contrast Issues” are top priority
2. “Alerts” (Warnings) are second priority as not all are material to the accessibility of the site.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 09 September 2020.
This website was last tested using the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (WAET) on 09 September 2020.